How to lose fat without losing muscle
Whenever we try to lose fat we will lose some muscle as well. It is natural and cannot be avoided, however, we can minimize the amount of muscle loss.
- Make sure you are getting enough protein in your diet. At least 2 gms per kg of lean body mass.
- Don’t cut carbs completely. Cutting carbs is an effective way to lose fat but make sure you are getting enough to fuel your workouts
- Focus on compound lifts, make sure you are doing compound lifts like squats, Deadlifts, bench press, and shoulder press. And try to lift heavy on these exercises. If you are able to maintain your strength level, you should be able to maintain muscle mass as well.
- Use high intensity cardio exercises to burn fat. 30-40 mins of workout session is good.
- Don’t cut too many calories at once. The more aggressive you are with your diet, more chances of losing muscle. You should not try to lose more than a 1 kg per week.
- Have patience and whatever diet or workout you are following, give it at least 2 weeks before making any change
- Take regular diet breaks or Re-feeds to elevate mood and metabolism!